Hornsby Hollow Campground
Located on beautiful Watts Bar Lake, surrounded by the Smoky Mountains, Hornsby Hollow Campground is favored by all its visitors. The spacious camp sites and immaculate grounds provide a relaxing and memorable experience for family and friends. Come enjoy fishing, boating, swimming, trail walking, biking, pedal boating, canoeing, kayaking, or simply relaxing by the shoreline. Locals and visitors alike agree that Hornsby Hollow Campground is their favorite destination for RV and tent camping. We invite you to experience an unforgettable time at our family friendly campground!
Hornsby Hollow Campground’s facility and amenities:
- 109 lake front/lake view campsites complete with water and electric hookup (30 amp & 50 amp), a fire pit with a grill on top, and a picnic table
- Dump station or we offer pumping services at your campsite
- 3 bath houses (professionally cleaned daily)
- Boat ramp with plenty of parking (boat ramp and dock refurbished in 2012)
- Boat slips available to our campers
- 2 beaches with swimming areas and one with a volleyball net
- A pavilion including 6 large picnic tables, 3 stand up grills, and a large firepit with plenty of bench seating.
- Playground and basketball court
- “Hideaway Trail” a walking/bike trail through the woods
- A fishing dock with a spectacular view
- Standup paddle boards, pedal boats, kayaks, and canoe rentals.
- Camp store including full bait service – crickets, minnows, worms. We also sell firewood, ice, ice cream, t-shirts, and some camping supplies
- Laundry mat
- Propane fill station
- Pets are allowed on leash
- Nearby restaurants and convenience store
Hornsby Hollow is ‘first come first serve’, however we are happy to hold a site for you the day that you plan to arrive. We start accepting phone calls at 8:00 a.m. and can tell you on the phone what camp sites are open. You tell us which one you want and we will hold it in your name for the full day. That gives you time to get ready for all the fun and relaxation waiting for you at Hornsby Hollow Campground, knowing you have a camp site before making the trip! We will fill sites in the order that we receive phone calls to maintain ‘first come first serve’. For those campers coming from out-of-state, give us a call at least a week ahead of time so that we can give you information on if we foresee available campsites.
Seasonal- Monthly Camping
Seasonal Camping begins the 1st or 2nd Friday of April and ends in October. This provides 6 full months of camping with all 3 major holidays; Memorial weekend, July 4th, and Labor Day. We will fill monthly camp sites from our Waiting List as they become available. Please call us or visit the office for more information.
Year Round Camping
The majority of the campground will close in mid-November, however we leave 25 sites open all year. Call to find out more about winter camping!
Our site fee of $29.83 plus taxes per night; includes electric and water usage! ($34 tax included)
If paying by cash or check we do provide a discounted price of $28.07 plus taxes per night! ($32 tax included – same rate as 2014)
New Additions at Hornsby Hollow:
- New Single and Tandem ride Tribe Kayaks have been added to our fleet of rentals boats!! Three is company in the Tribe 13.5 tandem. The versatile sit-on-top design features a three-seat configuration for up to two adults and a small child or pet. Other features include storage areas with bungees to safely secure backpacks, picnic baskets, and coolers!
- Our Paddle Wheeler commercial grade paddle boats with canopies, swim decks, and ladders were new in 2014. We also have available Stand Up Paddle Boards, along with our Canoes and Kayaks.
- Refurbished boat ramp (2012).
- Our playground has been newly refurbished (2012) and contains a swing set, two slides, a fire station pole, tic-tac-toe, a chain ladder, and tractor tires. There is also a basketball court right beside the playground.
- “Hideaway Trail” is a walking/biking trail, perfect for exploring!
379 Hornsby Hollow Campground Lane
Ten Mile, Tennessee 37880
Contact: Kim Klinker
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.